High end skill training for engineering and polytechnic Graduates is being imparted by establishing a Centre of Excellence (CoE) and 5 Technical Skill Development Institutes in the State (t-SDIs) under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode with an outlay of Rs.546.84 Crore in collaboration with SIEMENS, a global leader in automation and robotics.
Under this scheme, Government have established a Centre of Excellence at MIT, Chromepet, Chennai as well as the following five linked technical Skill Development Institutes (t-SDIs).
- Anna University, College, Kancheepuram
- Anna University College, Villupuram
- Thanthai Periyar Government Institution of Technology, Vellore
- Central Polytechnic College, Taramani
- Murugappa Polytechnic College (Aided), Avadi
MIT, Chennai serves as the main centre to provide skill training to improve the employability of the students and also impart industry relevant training for up-skilling the faculty of ITI’s and Polytechnics. In the year 2019-2020, a total of 11,705 (As on 29.02.2020) candidates and 48 faculties have been trained in these centres.